Monday, June 8, 2009

Sunday in the park (and in the parking lot)

I'm getting lazy about taking pictures. I went to a couple of events yesterday and thought of taking my little camera with me, but then I thought that other people would be putting their photos on the web. It would be easier to just point to them, and the photos would probably be better than mine anyway.

Sure enough, someone took great pictures of the opening day of the Sunday morning Inner Sunset Farmer's Market in the 9th and Irving parking lot. The weather was beautiful and lots of people showed up. Most of the food was on the pricey end, but I bought a few items and also learned about things going on in the neighborhood. Very nice! I'll probably swing by there every week.

Then I went to the annual Israel in the Gardens event in Yerba Buena Park. The headliner act was Ivri Lider:





I had a falafel, which was okay, and some puff pastry things stuffed with spinach and potato, which I had never had before. They were incredibly good. I got a couple more, on the way out, to take home and had them for dinner.

No comments: